Church Boys' League
CBL has resumed.
Tuesdays (Ages 5-7) at 7 p.m.
Wednesdays (Ages 8 & up) at 7 p.m.
Any questions, please call Tom 902-624-6133
Church Boys League (CBL) is a group for boys and young men between the ages of 5 and 13 years. For over 50 years, CBL has met at the St. James Parish Hall, providing its participants with skills in leadership, teamwork and good decision making. Often, past participants become leaders themselves, sharing knowledge and experience. CBL strengthens social bonds, teaches valuable life lessons, and provides a fun and safe atmosphere for boys to be themselves. Boys of all denominations are welcome to join in on weekly activities that instill values, confidence and fairness. The badge program encourages them to expand their skillset to include community service and volunteerism, safety, swimming, knot tying, pet care, environmental awareness, and much more.
This is a list of how St. James CBL has contribited to the Parish over the years:
Over the years the following contributions have been given to St James Parish by St. James CBL. Mainly due to money raised through bottle drives and donations.
1. $1500.00 for the first hall addition
2. $2500.00 for the second hall addition
3. 10,000.00 to steeple fund
4. Substantial donation to kitchen
5. New flagpole in front of rectory
6. One of the defibrillators in the parish
7. Several donations to other parish projects
8. Supporting youth in our parish
9. Supporting other organizations outside the parish (approx. 30) over the past years If anyone donates bottles to CBL, it will help us continue to support future activities.